The Condor Insider

The Student News Site of California High School

The Condor Insider

The Condor Insider

Passing Time in Quarantine

It can be agreed that quarantine has been fairly uneventful and dull for almost every student. There really isn’t much to do when you’re stuck staring at the same four walls, making each day repetitive and draining. Though quarantine can be a great opportunity for anyone who’s wanted to pick up a new hobby or restart a discarded one. With all this new free time there is an endless possibility of things to do. You can learn a new language, start crocheting, or improve your fitness routine. If taken advantage of, quarantine can become a lot more enjoyable and pleasant.

During this quarantine I’ve started taking online sign language lessons with my cousin. Learning sign language has been something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time now, and once quarantine began it seemed like the perfect time.  You could also learn to play an instrument such as the ukulele, guitar, or piano. This new free time gives you the chance to find out what you enjoy and what you might be interested in. It gives you the freedom to dip your toes in several different activities and discover what it is you might enjoy doing in the future.

Furthermore, quarantine would be an ideal time to start a workout schedule. Due to the uneventfulness and lack of activeness, many people may begin to fall out of their routine and may discard any physical activity. Though it may be difficult to keep fit due to circumstances it is not impossible, you could still follow along with workout videos or go for a run around the neighborhood.  When asked about this topic Sophomore Emma Flores stated, “During this quarantine I’ve been trying to run at least a mile every day with my siblings.” It’s important to try and find a distraction from all the negative events that have been happening in the world right now. All we can do is try to stay positive and make the best out of this overall bad situation.