The Condor Insider

The Student News Site of California High School

The Condor Insider

The Condor Insider

Inside the Mind of a Senior – February

Inside the Mind of a Senior – February

Advice to Future Seniors For the Month of February

You will face many “lasts” your senior year: last Love Nest, CSF Knott’s, Kindness Week, and more as the year comes to an end. There is so much to do and yet so little time. With more “last” school events coming up, the urge to go and make memories with your friends increases; however, this comes at a cost–your will to be productive. With the infamous Senioritis beginning to spread as students start to hear back from schools, this month can easily go downhill: especially since the Senior Project Presentation is due next month.

College Admissions – A Nervous Countdown

Accepted? Rejected? Still haven’t heard back yet? Beware, the months will only get more chaotic as the year comes to an end. Don’t worry if other people hear back from the same college you applied to: there is no organized system for colleges. Some people find out they got into their dream school the “last” day of the admission period, others have known since the end of January. The admissions process takes a long time; thus, you may have to wait to hear back from the schools you applied to.

School Spirit – An Eventful Month

This seems to be the month that the bulletin board just seems to go on and on during third or fourth. Good luck trying to save money this month as you find yourself spending money almost every day ranging from buying tickets to Grad Night at its lowest price to watching a Comedy Sportz game for five dollars. Whether it be watching one of the many winter sports play their last game or going to the annual CSF Night at Knott’s, there are multiple opportunities to go to a school event.

Financial Aid – Getting Back the Money You Spent This Month

Image result for financial aid

Even if you didn’t take part in one of capitalism’s favorite holidays, Valentine’s Day, you may still find yourself with less money than when you originally started the month. However, there is still hope to get your money back in the future: complete the FAFSA and apply to scholarships this month. With the deadline being March 2nd, there is no more time left to continue to procrastinate on it.

Pictures used:

College Admissions Picture

School Spirit Picture

Financial Aid Picture