The Condor Insider

The Student News Site of California High School

The Condor Insider

The Condor Insider

Tips on how to stay motivated/self care tips during virtual learning.

These days, things are very hectic, COVID-19 has affected everyone all over the world. A new virus being introduced without a vaccine is very frightening. Now that life has changed drastically it is important to adapt to “the new life.” Sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves and it can be quite difficult to be motivated when you sit in front of a screen all day. Doing a little something everyday can improve your lifestyle! 

1. Create a self care routine for yourself. 

This can include waking up, eating a meal, washing your face or taking a warm shower, going for a walk, etc! Being productive and staying active can go a long way, make sure to social distance!

1. Do a work out or go for a run.

It is no lie, some of us don’t like to get up and exercise. Although sitting down watching Netflix and eating snacks sounds like a great time, it is also important to make sure you get that body moving. Even if going out for a run isn’t your thing, there are many in home workouts you can follow. Staying fit can help you stay healthy and keep you occupied for a while.

1. Change your sleep schedule.

I am not afraid to admit that I stay up a little more later than I should. During this whole quarantine, you lose track of time. However, one of the things you can do to take care of yourself is considering sleeping at an earlier time. Sleeping is a way for your body to recharge and get the energy it needs for the next day. Sleeping a couple of hours can make you sick and harm your productivity during the day. The National Sleep Foundation recommends that you sleep 7-9 hours every night.

1. Be kind to yourself.

We sometimes forget to do this because we’re always so busy criticizing ourselves. Being kinder to yourself will improve self love and mental health. Don’t be so hard on yourself but instead take a little break and give yourself a self affirmation. Pampering yourself even just a little bit may make you feel better.