The Condor Insider

The Student News Site of California High School

The Condor Insider

The Condor Insider

Favorite Christmas Songs

By: Nicole Smith

Christmas is coming up, known to be “the most wonderful time of the year” according to Andy Williams. Although we’re under this horrific pandemic, Christmas continues to have its own significant meanings to everyone whether you’re religious or nonreligious. One of the best things about this festive holiday is the music! 

Did you know that there are over thousands, even millions of holiday songs? The top 2 most traditional Christmas songs would be Deck the Halls and Jingle Bells. After making an Instagram poll on my story it came to my attention that 76% of people would prefer Jingle Bells over the 24% that would prefer Deck the Halls. 

Image by: François Rejeté on Wikipedia- 24 December 2006

After making another Instagram poll with the question “What is your favorite holiday song?” Many people answered with songs like Holly Jolly Christmas, Silent Night, Rockin around the Christmas Tree, Run Run Rudolph, etc. But which songs were suggested the most popular? Coming in at #1 is “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey and the second was “Last Christmas” by Wham!. Although 2020 was a difficult year for all of us, holiday music was something that made the holiday season feel like never before.